Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Welcome Dolfanz

Welcome Dolfanz and welcome to my new blog. First allow myself to introduce... my..self. Im a 32 year old lifelong Diehard Dolfan and you all know what that means. Yes I still believe #13 is the best QB of all time but you had to see him in action for real to truly appreciate the talent. (and yes I have a large autographed poster of the MAN among other memorobilia in my living room...no lie). So now with my dolfan credentials affirmed lets get down to bussiness.

So with the Dolphins first win in the books for 2011 season and a few days under the bealt to digest it I'm sure a lot of folks either want to talk about or hear about why we won or how the chiefs lost. Well sorry to disappoint Dolfanz but that just isn't gonna happen today! Atleast not here anyway. What I wanna talk about is the coaching staff and more than that lets talk about one member of the coaching staff in general the Head Coach. That's right folks good old Tony Sparano.

So I know there's alot of of emotion out there and maybe a little animosity with reguards to Tony right now but, (brace yourselfs dolfanz here it comes) the guy is not a bad head coach. Now I know alot of you are reaching for your mouses getting ready to vote with your feet but hear me out for just a second. Lets remeber that Tony inherited a mess of franchise and dare I say that having the Tuna in the front office was probably the biggest contributing factor to the mess we're in right now. Remember now we're talking about a coach who inherited a 1-15 team and took them from worst to first in the AFC-East in his first season.

Alright yes there was some contributing factors to that feat. Tomy Brady was injured most of the season, the jets had an ailing Brett Favre and the Bills were abismal. But lets give credit were credit is do. The guy came in won over the locker room started Pennington and instilled an attitude of winning in a team that had totally given up on Cam Cameron. Speaking of giving up thats something this Dolphins locker room hasn't done as we could see by their performance on Sunday in K.C. So before you condemn Tony as coach that needs to go, I say give this guy a descent QB and watch were we go. The fact of the matter is you just can't win in this league consistently with out a good QB. He doesn't have to be great just good and lets be honest Chad Henne isnt the answer. I'd rather see Matt Moore back next year than Henne. Atleast Matt has some fire, some moxy, some heart just like his head coach.

Yes so in my opinion (which really accounts for little) I say give Tony one more season. One more season with a QB who can win. One more season with a defense that has had the chance to build some chemistry. One more season  without the Tuna stinking up the place. One more season with the coaching staff of his choice and one more season to  show Dolfanz what Tony and this team is truly made of. So love em, hate em or just be indifferent the man deserves to complete his current contract and then lets see where the Dolphins are at Dolfanz and I'll bet you even money this time next season you'll be singing a different tune. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment